Make any room in your house instantly look bigger and brighter using these simple steps.
- Lighting: Brightly coloured walls can make a room look brighter and feel bigger and airier. Dark colours in the other hand, make a room look smaller. Big windows allow more light into the room than small windows. A light that does not hang low from the ceiling will maximise space.
- Plants: Having plants in the room can add and improve your overall happiness and wellbeing. Research proves that adding potted plants or a vase of flowers to a room can purify the air, increase your happiness and wellbeing and improve your night’s sleep.
- Furniture arrangement: Arrange your furniture in a way that the room is more spacious and does not obstruct light shining in a window. Don’t move furniture too often as it can sometimes scratch surfaces or mark the wall.
- Mirrors placed in the right part of the room can make a difference. Placing them across from a window maximises the size of a room. Clean mirrors and windows regularly using a cloth and glass cleaner.
- Reduce clutter: Keep the number of pictures or posters on the walls to a minimum, they can make the room crowded and darker. Have a small bin that is out of clear view for your rubbish. Rugs can make the room less spacious.
- Colour coordination: A colour scheme in a room can make a difference to the overall feel and look of the room. Paint, cushions, upholstery, pictures, ornaments. Check out homeware and interior websites for inspiration.
Check out my related blogpost Tidy your room🛏️ and follow my instagram @instaphotojo for some decorating inspo✨
Comment below if you found these tips helpful and if you have any other suggestions💭